Topic: Outlook won't open and I'm told to run scanpst.exe but wh

Outlook won't open and I'm told to run scanpst.exe but when I try i'm asked for a program to run it.  Which program should I use for this?

Re: Outlook won't open and I'm told to run scanpst.exe but wh

Thank you so much Stanley.  It worked well and we are back in business.   I really appreciate your help on this.  Have a great day.   Mike

You can use Advanced Outlook Repair  to solve the problem, by either converting it into Outlook 2003 format  , or splitting it into smaller pieces. Detailed information about Advanced Outlook Repair can be found at

Last edited by zwr (2009-05-27 06:19:42)

I just turned on my PC and my OE won't open, the first message that comes up is telling me memory or disk may be full, which isn't the case, with a code of Ox800Co13B, the second one is telling me that OE can't be started because MSOE.DLL can't be intialized. The version I have is OE 6.0 and Windows 8. Nothing has been changed nor installed.

michots548 wrote:

Outlook won't open and I'm told to run scanpst.exe but when I try i'm asked for a program to run it.  Which program should I use for this?

Hi, you had not mentioned which version of outlook you are using. But don't worry, here i am going to mention path of scan pst ext file of outlook 2003, 2007 and newly launched 2010 version. As per my knowledge, still outlook 2003 and 2007 are frequently used so i am giving the exact location of this inbuilt tool:

Outlook 2010

32-bit Windows; C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14
OR
64-bit Windows; C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office14
OR
64-bit Outlook;    C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14

Outlook 2007

32-bit Windows; C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12
or
64-bit Windows; C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office12

Outlook 2003
32-bit Windows; C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\MSMAPI\<locale ID>\scanpst.exe

or

64-bit Windows; C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\System\MSMAPI\<locale ID>\scanpst.exe

However before Navigating to this location must enable all hidden file. If you don't do so then you can't see scan pst exe. Once you get this tool then just open it specify the location and click on start to begin the recovery.

try it

Last edited by vonmorisail.com (2012-02-02 04:58:46)

You can use Advanced Outlook Repair  to solve the problem, by either converting it into Outlook 2003 format  , or splitting it into smaller pieces. Detailed information about Advanced Outlook Repair can be found at.. 

this  one is the best   outlook to use and send the mail. to  the specific  person ...