Sticky Notes can be defined as an application in Windows 7, which allows users to take notes using Post-it-note-like windows on their desktop. This accessory enables the user to plaster the electronic equivalent of the Post-it-like notes all over the user’s Windows 7 desktop. It also offers an additional feature, which enables the users to use Sticky Notes in Windows 7 as onscreen reminders. This would help the user to even color code them, helping them to manage their documents and stay organized.
You can follow these instructions to use Sticky Notes in Windows 7 before contacting Windows 7 help:
- While creating a Sticky Note, click Start and go to All Programs. Now, select Accessories followed by Sticky Notes. Windows opens a new blank note on the desktop, positioning the cursor at the beginning of the note.
- Now, type the text of the note. You also have the option to format the note text if you want. Just select the desired text and then press the appropriate shortcut key: Ctrl+B for bold text, Ctrl+I for italics, and Ctrl+U for underlining.
- If your text does not fit on the note, Windows automatically expands the height of the note to accommodate the length of your note. Once you finish entering the note text, click somewhere on the desktop outside the sticky note itself.
- Alternatively, you can click the New Note button (the one with the plus sign) to start a new sticky note, which would stay on the desktop. At any point of time you can also contact Windows 7 help and seek assistance.
- To color-code a sticky note, right-click the note and then click the color you want. The choices that would be available here are Blue, Green, Pink, Purple, White, or Yellow.
- You also have an option to delete a note that you no longer need. For this, click the Delete button in the upper-right corner. The first time you delete a note, Windows asks you to confirm the deletion. If you do not want to see this alert again, select the Don’t Display This Message Again check box before you click Yes.
- When you open an Explorer window that overlaps a note, you can bring the sticky note to the top of the pile by clicking any visible part of it. However, if nothing is visible, click the Sticky Notes Quick Launch button on the taskbar.
Hence, you can follow these simple instructions to use sticky notes in Windows 7. For more information, you can also check Microsoft’s official website.